Start of Day at Register
Once the store and registers are opened in Back Office, you can open the till at the CORE POS register if not already opened from CORE Back Office.
Note: See the Start of Day topic for instructions on Back Office procedures.
- Once the register is powered on, sign on using your User ID and Password.
- Access CORE POS by double-clicking the Follett POS icon.
- On the Store Dashboard screen, click POS.
- Sign into POS using the assigned register and till number.
Note: If you are the first person to sign onto the register, you are prompted to open the till.
- Enter the till number.
Note: The till ID should be 3 numbers, no letters or special characters.
- Select Next.
The Till XXX was opened successfully screen displays.
The first cashier on the till completes the till loan.
- Select Enter at the Enter customer phone # field.
- Select More.
- Select Till Functions.
- Select Loan on the Till Functions screen.
The Summary Count screen displays.
- Enter the amount of the till loan and select Next/Enter.
The total amount of the loan displays on the screen and is recorded. A receipt prints showing the till loan amount and the drawer opens.
- Insert the till funds and close the drawer.
The Till Functions screen displays.
- Select Undo/Esc to return to the Sell Items screen.
You are ready to complete transactions.