A store manager must set up the customer account in CARP utilizing the signed Account Agreement documentation. The set-up must be completed accurately in order to bill transactions and apply payments. If there is any missing information on the Agreement, contact the account contact/customer before completing the set up in CARP.
Essentially, the customers are the individuals who make the purchases at the bookstore or online. Filling out the customer fields/attributes ensure sales are accurately transacted in accordance with the restrictions/requirements detailed from the account contact/customer. If the customer account is not set up correctly, your bookstore will not be paid. This results in a store expense and negatively affects your operating income.
- On the CARP main menu, click Customer.
- Select Search for Customers.
- Type the search criteria and select Search.
- Click the Edit Account icon: .
- Make changes to fields on the Customer Details screen. View field definitions.
|Student ID||Student ID as determined by the store. Any combination of letters and numbers.|
DO NOTuse any part of the social security #. You may need to obtain the ID# from the campus.
|Password/PIN||Password or PIN assigned by the school that is required when using eFollett.com.|
|First Name||Customer's first name.|
|Middle Name||Customer's middle name.|
|Last Name||Customer's last name or the account name for a department.|
|School Reference Number||Use this field for any other identifier that may be beneficial for billing and collection.|
|Primary Email Address||Student's primary email address.|
|Secondary Email Address||Customer's secondary email address.|
|Address Line 1||Mailing address line 1.|
|Address Line 2||Mailing address line 2.|
|Address Line 3||Mailing address line 3.|
|City||City of the mailing address.|
|State||State or province of the mailing address.|
|Zip Code||Zip or postal code for the mailing address.|
|Phone||Customer or department's telephone number.|
- Select Save to create the customer account.
Note: This customer is NOT linked to a major account.
- Click Save and Create Account to populate additional data fields on the customer account and then link customers to a major account.
- Click Cancel to exit out of the screen. This does not save any entered information.