For the customer to be able to charge a purchase, you must link the customer to a major account. You can link a customer to more than one major account.
Note: This is only necessary if you are adding customer accounts manually, as opposed to loading them via the account interface format which does the linking for you.
- On the CARP main menu, select Customer.
- Select Search for Customers.
- Type the search criteria in the appropriate fields and select Search.
- Select the customer's View Accounts icon:
- Select New or New Personal Account, depending on what type of account you're linking the customer to.
- Complete the Customer's Account Detail screen. View field descriptions.
|Major Account||Select the name of the major account to link to the customer's account.|
|Start Date||The first day the customer can charge against the major account.|
|End Date||The last day the customer can charge against the major account.|
|Credit Limit||Enter the dollar credit limit on the customer account.|
Store managers are required to utilize the information on the Account Agreement.
If a credit limit is provided by the account contact/customer by customer, the account must be set up in accordance to such.
If a credit limit is provided by the account contact/customer as an estimate for the overall major account, allocate straight-line across all customers.
If no credit limit is provided, utilize prior year activity to set limits or apply the best practice of using $500 or less per term.
|Tax Exempt||Indicates whether the account is tax exempt or not.|
|Disabled||Indicates account status.|
|Source System Account Value||For national VA major accounts where the bookstore is billing the Tungsten Network, ensure this field is populated with the PO/authorization number.|
- Select Save.
- Repeat this procedure for each major account you want a customer to link to.