Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Centralized Accounts Receivable Reporting & Reconciliation (CARRR) processes and system. The questions are organized as follows:
What is an invalid transaction and how do I correct it?
See the Correct Invalid Transactions and Payments topic.
What if a user does not have access to CARRR?
Contact the Follett Support Center to set up an account for a new user.
There is a variance in the CARRR Control Log due to missing transactions. What do I do?
Follow the instructions to Review the A/R Control Log.
What is an adjustment and what types of adjustments are available?
- Review the A/R Adjustments QRG.
- Review the Adjustments FAQ to help identify what adjustment is used if...
What are the approval limits for store managers, regional managers and group vice presidents when approving adjustments?
- Assistant Store Mgr/HO Supv $250
- Store Manager: up to $500
- Store Director $2500
- RM/HO Mgr/Operations Mgr $5,000
- GVP/ HO Dir/ Assist Controller $25,000
- VP/Controller $50,000
- Senior VP/General Manager $100,000
Where can adjustments be approved in CARRR?
- For an A/R refund, select AdjustmentuA/R Review and Approve Refunds.
- For all other adjustments, select AdjustmentuReview and Approve Adjustments.
What is a sales correction or HO Rcpt?
This is an adjustment created by home office. (e.g., missing transaction, payment received at home office, etc.)
How do I process a buyback scholarship?
Send an email to ARDept@follett.com detailing the amount of the buyback credit. Back Office/CourseTracks report totaling the amount and evidence for approval is required per the Approval Matrix. The home office enters a credit into CARRR which will be reflected in the unapplied screen.
How do I resolve credit balances?
Refer to the Unused Credits & Payments policy. There are three ways to resolve credit balances:
- Apply to future charges or another major account associated with the account contact/customer. Must obtain customer approval.
- Refund back to the account contact/customer.
- Transfer Unclaimed Property to Home Office.
- Review the Invoicing and Collection FAQ to help identify what action to take if. . .
- Refer to the A/R Billing & Invoicing and A/R Collection policies.
Can I bill from CARP?
No, CARP is the account setup and authorizer. CARRR is the accurate system of record.
When do I need to use Billing Maintenance?
Refer to the Billing Maintenance topic.
Is it possible to email customer statements?
Yes, you have the ability to export the statement from CARRR and attach it to an email. It is preferred that you export to PDF, but you may export to Excel if necessary.
Review the Payment Processing FAQ to help identify what action to take if. . .
How often should I apply payments in CARRR?
Payment application should be completed daily! The home office A/R department helps with this task, but is most focused on payments with higher dollar amounts.
- Refer to the Payment Application and Unused Credits & Payments policies.
Can I apply a partial payment in CARRR?
Yes. CARRR gives you the ability to partially pay off a transaction when a vendor short pays you for that specific transaction.
What is the wire payment process?
See the topic on processing wire payments.
What is our Lockbox address?
|Method for Sending Payment||Send to This Address|
FHEG - Bookstore Name
Store # MA#
3146 Solutions Center
Chicago, IL 60677-3001
350 East Devon Ave
Itasca, IL 60143
See the A/R Lockbox Payments topic for additional details.
I have not received a payment notification from my account contact/customer. What do I need to do?
- Bill monthly, as normal
- If the account contact/customer is stating they have submitted payment, look in CARRR to see if the payment has already been applied. See Reverse Previously Applied Payments. If not, ask the customer for a copy of the remittance advice, check #, or any other relevant information which you can use as a reference when asking the home office for assistance. Send an email to ARDept@follett.com.
Why do some lockbox payments appear to be duplicated?
Contact your A/R accountant. This may be an important issue that needs to be corrected by IT.
Why do the lockbox payments show up in the Major Account as 77777777777?
This is a default account used by the bank when they are unsure which major account to use. Store must move the payments to the correct Major Account in CARRR.
How do I know what charges to apply a lockbox payment to?
Clicking the payment number from the Unapplied Payment screen displays an electronic image of the documentation that was sent with the check by the vendor.
Note: Double-Click the payment number to view the check images. Select Combine Pages to view all pages on the check copy provided by the vendor.
What should I do if I receive an account payment in the store that should have been mailed to the lockbox?
When a payment is received in the store, process the payment through the cash register using the normal process. Work with the account contact/customer to change their process to mail future checks directly to the lockbox or set up an ACH or wire transfer payment .
How will I know that I have a Lockbox payment?
An email, titled “AR Check/Image Detail” is sent to the store manager email account explaining that Lockbox payments have been received for their store. After payments are received, they display as unapplied payments on the Apply Account Payments screen in CARRR.
How do I handle a payment that does not belong to my store?
Determine which store should have received the payment and transfer the payment to that store.
CARRR ► Payment Processing ► Apply Account Payments ► Payment Adjustments ►Options ►Move a payment to another store
A payment is locked in CARRR and cannot process. What do I do?
What information is important to have when you are locating payment(s) from an account contact/customer?
- Verify if the payment was sent to the lockbox or transferred electronically.
- Look in the Apply Account Payments and Reverse Previously Applied Payments screens in CARRR.
- If you are still unable to locate, you may need to request further information from the account contact/customer.
- Verify that the address is correct.
- Request a copy of the check (check # with amount).
- Email ARDept@follett.com to research the payment.
If electronic (via ACH/wire transfer):
- Request a copy of the payment remittance.
- Email ARDept@follett.com to research the payment.