Split Major or Correct Major
Use this procedure to move or separate a payment to different major account(s) or to correct an invalid major account number on a lockbox payment.
- Select Payment Processing Apply Account Payments.
The Unapplied Payments screen is displayed. View field definitions.
|Date payment was made.|
Major Number/Major Name
Major account number and name.
|Customer Number/Customer Name||Reference number assigned to customer and the name of individual department or person responsible for payment.|
|Source||Where payment was made, e.g., LB = Lockbox, POS = Cash Register.|
|Payment #||Check number of the payment.|
|Payment Date||Date of the check used to make the payment.|
|Original Payment||Dollar amount of the check.|
|Applied Amount||Dollar amount of the check that was applied to the bill.|
|Unapplied Amount||Outstanding amount that has not been applied.|
|A payment that has been applied and then unapplied.|
|Age||Number of days from today, the payment was received from the POS register or the bank.|
|Auto Bill||Not used.|
|Payment Adjustment Options|
Select an adjustment type:
- In the Payment Adjustment Options field, select the Split Major or Correct Major option.
The Split Major or Correct Major screen is displayed. View field definitions.
|Adjustment Reason||The adjust reason, Split Major or Correct Major, is displayed.|
|Major Number||The account number of the major account.|
The name on the major account.
|Original Pymt Amount||The original payment amount.|
|Major Number||Identifies the account number of the major account to apply adjustment to.|
Identifies the name on the major account to apply the adjustment to.
|Split Amount||Identifies the dollar amount to split from the initial account to the second account.|
- Click the Find Major button to search for the major account to split the amount between.
- In the Split Amount field, type the amount to decrease the account balance. Do not type a negative number.
- Click Choose File to attach supporting documentation.
- Verify that the total adjustment and account balances after the adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.