Use this procedure to reverse sales tax that was applied in error during a transaction.
- Obtain a digital copy of the most current tax-exempt certificate from the account contact/customer.
- Complete the Sales Tax Reversal Request Template.
Populate the transactional activity details
Include the digital copy of the tax-exempt certificate on the form
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval
Once the request has been approved by the Tax Department, save a screenshot of the approval email within the Sales Tax Reversal Request Template or include a copy of the email as an attachment. Then create the adjustment(s) needed in CARRR.
To create the adjustment in CARRR
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Click Correct Summary Adjustment.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer. Note:Make sure you select a customer in the major account where the adjustment is needed. Tell me how...
- In the Adjustment Amount field, type the amount of the adjustment you want to subtract from the major account.
Do NOT type a negative number.
The adjustment can be entered as a single adjustment (bulk) for the major account total being adjusted. Or as an individual adjustment by customer in the major account, if the entity requests to see it that way. In either case the total adjustment must equal what was approved and match the total balance being reversed in the account.
- ClickBrowse to attach the completed Tax Reversal form approval email as backup.
- Add a comment, click Add New and add Approved by Tax Dept on MM/DD/YY. Tell me how...
- Verify that the total adjustment and the customer balance after the adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.