CORE POS supports the option for text rental alternate collateral that is not a credit/debit card, e.g., a House Charge (A/R) or a department Pcard. Alternate collateral is used to collect non-return or damaged/lost/stolen rental charges.
See the Text Rental Process Guideu Text Rental Payment Alternatives for complete details.
In CORE POS, alternate collateral is added to the patron account during express registration.
To add alternate collateral to a rental patron:
- Scan items and select Tender.
The Rental Item Found screen displays.
- Select Yes to view the list and select titles.
The Patron Search screen displays.
- Enter the patron information, then select Next/Enter.
If search details are not found, Patron Not Found screen displays.
- Select Yes to complete express registration.
- Enter the patron details and select Next/Enter.
The Card Options screen displays. Options include Credit/Debit, Manual_CNP, and AR.
- Select AR.
The Patron Search Information screen displays.
- Enter the Student ID/Last Name.
- Select Next/Enter.
The A/R Account Details screen displays.
- Select the account, then select Next/Enter.
The Credit Card Details screen displays to confirm the zip code.
- Enter the Zip Code, then select Next/Enter.
The Select Rental Term screen displays.
- Select the rental term, then complete the text rental transaction normally.