Online Purchase Analysis is a monthly report that details all of the items processed by Accounts Payable for a particular month. Like a checkbook for your store, the Purchase Analysis shows which of the store’s bills have been processed.
Review Your Purchase Analysis
As a result of comments and suggestions received, Online PA has the following improvements:
- Online Sorting—Online PA also has an online sorting function, so you can customize your sorting to meet your needs.
- Improved Download of Reports to Excel—You can also download the information each month into Excel. See Using the Excel Export Option for more information.
Some of the items on the Purchase Analysis have a retail value as well as a cost. These retail amounts represent the inventory booked to your store. Errors in retail amounts can have a significant impact on shrink.
To ensure that your inventory is properly stated, you must review the following Online PA Reports every month:
AP Activities for an Account Group - Prior Year Purchases
- Your Online Purchase Analysis will be available during the first week of each month.
- Corrections to the items on a current purchase analysis are made by the Home Office during the first week of the month.
- Corrections made by the Home Office are listed in the Inventory Adjustment Request Tool.
- Request corrections only after you have compared your corrections to the PA Corrections Report and only for those items that were not already corrected by the Home Office.
- Review the entire purchase analysis (All AP Activities) every month or as needed to ensure your store was charged only for your store invoices and all invoices are charged to the correct merchandising department.