Searching for Follett ACCESS Order Information
- Identify a Follett ACCESS Order
- Search by Student
- Dropped and Canceled Courses
- Perform a Follett ACCESS Order Refund
True up is an automated accounting function that happens after the Last Day to Process Drops (LDTPD). It adjusts the retail price seen in CourseTracks by the Course Charge or Student Fee entered in SAM.
Example: For Campbell's Biology in BIO-101-01, the retail price in CourseTracks is $100 and the course charge in SAM is $50. When true up is initiated, the retail ($100) is subtracted from the course charge ($50), creating a true up of -$50.
True up can occur at any point after the Last Day to Process Drops (LDTPD) when Create Invoice is selected in the Self-Service Invoicing System.
True up adjustment allocation for No Course Material will be trued up every Monday night/Tuesday Morning, instead of the 3rd Sunday of every month or last Sunday of month.
- Set up a term T1 in CT.
- Add 2 includED sections - SEC 1 and SEC 2 in term T1 in CT.
- Adopt 2 includED materials in includED section SEC 1 in CT. Let's say one adopted material is digital with a retail price of $70 and a second adopted material is a rental with a retail price of $30.
- Set up term T1 in SAM.
- Set up credit hour fee for SEC 1 section in SAM. Let's say the credit hour fee is set as $100 for section SEC 1.
- Set up SEC 2 section as No CM material section in SAM also with a credit hour fee of $100.
- Enroll student S1 in section SEC 1 and SEC 2.
- SAM will create two orders O1 and O2 for SEC 1 section. One order will be created as a digital category with $70 and other order will be created as rental category with $30.
- Actual true up will run in SAM on Tuesday early morning, or 3 days before the end of the month. SAM will refer to CT to see the percentage of retail adopted in CT for Follett ACCESS Sections. If the percentage of retail adopted for ALL Follett ACCESS sections is 50% Digital, 30% Rental, 20% New Text (*Future state will be at that point in time.), then SAM will create No CM orders for Section 2 at: $50 Digital, $30 Rental, $20 New Text.
The reason it was built in this way, was if a student is enrolled in No CM sections only. There wouldn't be any prior orders for the student to create No CM TU orders on.
Note: No CM TU Orders will generate once and no reallocation will be performed if new titles/sections are added in CT and flagged as Follett ACCESS. So, the original No CM TU Orders will be a snapshot at the time of what is adopted in CT when the order is first created.
True Up Resource:
- Review the True Up Cases spreadsheet for examples of different scenarios.
If you have any questions, contact the Follett ACCESS Accounting team.