Self-Service Invoicing System (SSIS)
ACCESS invoicing can be done by either the store or the ACCESS Accounting team at the home office. The decision of who will invoice the current term is determined by the regional manager prior to the start of the term and is noted on a TEAMS file tracker.
The store is generating/delivering an ACCESS invoice
After the Last Day to Process Drops (LDTPD) and seven days before the Last Day of Finals, you are sent Email Template 5.
Note:You will continue to be followed-up with every two business days if no response is received because you have not completed the store manager process steps.
After you download the Follett ACCESS invoice from the SSIS, you must deliver it to the campus contact and notify your Regional Manager the date the invoice was sent.
Follett ACCESS Accounting is generating/delivering an ACCESS invoice
When Follett ACCESS home office accounting generates the invoice from the SSIS.
An email with the invoice will be sent to the campus contact. The store manager will copied.
The store manager should save this email/invoice for their records.
Below is the timeline on invoicing and collection.
A few important bullet points to note are:
- Prior to the LDTPD, confirm all orders have been processed and there are no pending orders in web exception. An invoice will not be able to generate and therefore, will hold up invoicing and collection.
- ALL ACCESS invoicing MUST be generated within three days after the LDTPD. When the invoice is available the next day, it must be delivered to the campus promptly.
- The store will need to gain acceptance on the invoice early on so if a revised invoice is needed, it can be sent no later than 7 days after the original invoice. This step should be followed regardless of who sent the invoice (store or home office).
Important: If a revision is needed, use the original invoice and manually edit it and then re-submit it to the campus within two days of notification. See ACCESS Adjustments for guidance.
- After sending the revised invoice to the campus, the store needs to submit the ACCESS adjustment in JIRA within three days.
- The store will need to follow up with campus on collection of the invoice so payment is received on/before the invoice due date.
The escalation of the collection effort is displayed by collection levels involving the store, regional manager, group VP, Accounting and the SVP.
The store will be responsible to relate key invoice dates and follow-up dates with the Regional Manager (as he/she will be responsible to update the ACCESS Invoicing Tracker and ACCESS Collection Tracker in Microsoft TEAMS.)
Excel Functionality: Revising Invoices
- If the invoice has missing drops, delete the selected rows of students and sum the total invoice (at the end of the invoice).
Option 1: Manually type over the total with =SUM(ColumnLetter&Row#: ColumnLetter&Row#).
Option 2: Manually type over the total, click AutoSum on the Home tab and press Enter.
When you click AutoSum, Excel automatically enters a formula (that uses the SUM function) to sum the numbers.
- If the invoice has missing adds/students, insert a row and type in key information (student, student ID, course fee, amount, etc).
Use a similar SUM function to total the charges going across the invoice for a selected student (See No. 2 in the Example).
- Then, to revise the total invoice balance on top of the invoice, link the cell (No. 3 in the Example) to the invoice total (No. 1 in the Example).
The formula is:= Cell w/Invoice Total.
Store Manager Process
Click the link to view a video demonstrating the SSIS store manager process:
Store Manager Process Steps
(See SSIS Screen Column Definitions for additional details.)
- Access SAM.
- Enter your Store #.
- Select Manage Store.
- Select Invoicing.
- Select View Term Detail(s).
- Select Create Invoice.
- Review all Invoice Creation Checkpoint lines and the Questionable Orders export.
- Click Submit if no issues are identified.
An email notification (Email Template 1) is sent to ####email@example.com and the status on the Term Detail screen displays as Awaiting response from SODA.
Important: If an issue is identified, work with the Follett ACCESS operations manager and accounting to resolve, then confirm it's correct in SAM Recon and return to step 1.
- After clicking Submit, the store, Follett ACCESS operations, and Follett ACCESS Accounting team receives another email notification (Email Template 2)in one to two business days confirming the SODA response is received from SODA. The status on the Term Detail screen displays as Awaiting variance check completion by Follett ACCESS Accounting Team.
- The Follett ACCESS Accounting team completes a variance check within five business days of receiving Email Template 2.
If No Variance, store receives a final email notification, after Follett ACCESS Accounting completes the variance check (See Email Template 3).The status on the Term Detail screen displays as View Completed Invoice(s) & Adjustment(s). The store is directed to download the invoice so it can be sent to the campus.
If Variance Found, store receives an email notification, after Follett ACCESS Accounting completes the variance check (See Email Template 4).
The status on the Term Detail screen displays as Manual adjustment to Invoice was needed - Contact Follett ACCESS Accounting Team.
Important: Variance Found means there was a discrepancy between CARRR and the SODA report. The Follett ACCESS Accounting team works to correct the variance and will send a manual invoice in five to ten business days. You then submit the manual invoice to the campus contact for payment.
- Notify Follett ACCESSaccounting@fheg.follett.com once the invoice is delivered to the campus.
- If you deliver the invoice via email:
- If you deliver the invoice via regular mail or in person:
- Send an email to Follett ACCESSaccounting@fheg.follett.com notifying them that the institution has received the invoice.
- Include the Follett ACCESS Major ID in the email subject and a copy of the invoice that was sent.
The process is complete.