The Return to Vendor (RTV) process allows stores to return unsold items and damaged or defective product to the vendor where the product was originally purchased.
There are two types of RTVs:
Suggested RTVs - The Home Office produces suggested RTVs for unsold Department 3 merchandise. This includes general books, software and computer products.
Local RTVs - are created by the store to return:
• Locally purchased general books, computer products
• Damaged or defective products from Departments 3-8.
• Product from departments 4-8 that the home office instructs the store to return
• Books related to special events
Note: Do not create a Local RTV to return department 3 merchandise purchased by the Home Office unless it is damaged or defective.
- From the main menu, Select Return to Vendor (RTV).
- Select New RTV.
- Complete the fields on the screen and press Enter. View field definitions.
|Ship Date||Date you are shipping items. This defaults to today's date.|
|Vendor #||Type the vendor number, or place the cursor in the Vendor # open field and select LookUp to select the vendor from the list. Select Accept.|
|Ref No||Reference number for the RTV.|
Return Authorization Number
Note: Only numeric values are allowed for this field.
|Instructions||Any instructions for shipment.|
|Tracking #s||The tracking number provided by the carrier.|
- Select Item Details.
- Type the SKU# or click in the SKU field, and select Lookup to select the SKU from the list, then select Accept.
|For...||Use this SKU|
9068066 - Seasonal Cards
9067493 - Everyday Cards
140 - Graduation Products - no tax
149 - Graduation Products - taxable
9874960 - Graduation Announcements - for generic announcements only
9874970 - Graduation Stoles and Accessories
9874990 - Diploma Covers
10808572 - Graduation Flowers
- Press Tab.
- Enter any additional information in the ISBN/Serial#/Vendor Part # field to further describe the SKU, e.g., serial # of a serialized product or details for a category SKU.
- Type the quantity of items being returned to the vendor and press Enter.
Note: Enter the actual quantity on hand that is being returned. If the quantity is different than MMS reports as on-hand, complete an inventory adjustment to correct.
Type the Cost and Retail and press Enter.
Note: System maximum limits are: Quantity - 9999, Cost - $150,000, and Retail - $250,000.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until you have entered all items.
- When you have entered all items, select Release.
- Select Yes at the prompt.
Note: Baker & Taylor requires all returns to be whole copy. Do not strip mass market titles.
See FedEx Ship Manager - RTV and Chargeback Process for additional shipping details.
Important: Canadian Stores - Values display in USD based on the conversion rate. Ignore the USD and proceed with the creation of the RTV. The transaction is processed correctly on the back end in CAD. After releasing the RTV, reports print the correct price.