Orders containing gift cards may generate exceptions because:
- The order could not be appropriately tendered. The available option in the Allowed Options field is Edit Tender. Follow the normal procedures for re-tendering the order.
- The gift card number on the Capture Gift Card Number page is invalid. The available option in the Allowed Options field is Re-Process. Follow the procedure below.
To correct an invalid gift card exception error:
- Access the Gift Card Number Maintenance screen. Tell me how...
- On the SODA main menu, click Web Order Exceptions.
The SODA Order Exceptions page displays.
Search for the order number listed on the SODA Store Packing Exception report and click Find.
- Highlight the order and click Re-Process.
The Gift Card Number Maintenance page appears. The Activation Status field indicates "Failed" for the line with the invalid gift card number.
- Highlight the line with the invalid card number and click Delete Gift Card for ReEntry. The status in the Activation Status field changes to: User Deleted.
- Click Accept
The message: Gift Card Number cannot be zero appears at the bottom of the page. The cursor appears in the next available blank line.
Click in the next available blank line if the cursor does not appear in it.
- Type a valid gift card number in the Enter Gift Card Number / Swipe the Gift Card field.
- Click Accept.
If the card number is validated and there are no other exceptions on the order, the order no longer appears on the SODA Order Exceptions screen.
If there were multiple gift card denominations in the order, the Gift Card Number Maintenance screen would display for each denomination. Repeat steps 2-5 if there are other invalid card errors, or if all entries indicate, Activated, click Accept to continue.