On the Freight Override screen,
you can change the shipping method, shipping mode, or freight charges.
Note: ProShip selects the most cost effective carrier at the time of shipment based on the customer address and requested delivery service.
If you are processing an order for Alaska or Hawaii, you must adjust the shipping charges to add $10.00 to the system-calculated shipping charges.
Only team members with intermediate or manager level security authorization can perform a shipping override.
- Access the SODA Picking Confirmation screen for the order you want. Tell me how...
- From the main menu, select Store Order Pick/Ship Confirm.
- Type the SODA order number or Web order number in the appropriate field at the top of the screen and click Find.
- Select the order and click Select.
- Select Tax/Discount/Ship
- Select Apply Shipping Overrrides.
- Place cursor in the New Freight Carrier field. Select Search
- Search for correct Freight Carrier (service level).
In this example, the order is shipping to an international shipping address. Select 0 Fedex ground for this example.
Note: Even though Follett uses UPS as the current freight carrier when overriding the freight carrier you will need to select one of the FedEx options. Canadian stores will select 3 for Purolator Ground – Flat.
Important! If you are shipping an international order do NOT select I for International Orders.
Search for Code 0 (which represents ground service).
Select it; then choose Select twice.
- When you return to the below screen, select Validate and then Accept.
- You will return to the SODA Picking Confirmation screen. If you need to change the freight charge, select Tax/Discount/Ship Charges again.
Note:When you apply a shipping override, and need to change the carrier/method and freight charges, change the carrier/method FIRST.
Then validate and accept the change.
Recalculate the freight, and THEN add freight charges or override the charges.
Important! If you complete this all in one step on an International shipment, there is a chance that the customer will not be charged the new freight charge - your store will absorb the loss.
- Select Apply Shipping Overrides again.
- Place cursor in the Override Freight Charges box and enter new freight/shipping charge.
Select Validate and Accept.
- Continue processing the order.