There may be times when you are not able to scan the shipping barcode into ProShip.
When you can’t scan:
- Enter the shipping address manually.
- Then manually enter tracking numbers for a batch of orders, as soon as possible, AFTER they have been pick/confirmed. (status = Shipped & Posted)
Note: When a shipping address is entered manually, the tracking number does not import into SODA.
Customer confirmation emails are sent once every hour. Tracking numbers entered before confirmation emails are sent to customers will be included in the emails customers receive.
Customers can view tracking numbers online in the Order History area of their eFollett accounts.
To enter shipping tracking numbers in SODA:
- From the SODA main menu, select Enter
Shipping Tracking Numbers.
- If a store selection window appears, accept the
default store number or type a different number.
- Type the order's SODA number in the SODA Order Number field.
- Type 1in the Seq field.
- In the Tracking Number field, type the tracking number for this order.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each tracking number you want to enter.
- When you are finished, click Accept.
A Warning window appears with this message and three corresponding buttons:
You may post this batch by pressing F7, or you may press F12 to return to entry, or press F1 to delete the entire batch.
- Click the appropriate button in the Warning window. View button descriptions.
- Update and continue (F7): Associates the tracking numbers with the orders and returns you to the SODA main menu.
- Return without exit (F12): Returns you to the SODA Tracking Number Entry screen. You can correct entries or add more tracking numbers.
- Delete batch (F1): Deletes all the entries. At the SODA Tracking Number Entry window, click Go Back to return to the SODA main menu.
Note: The tracking number will appear in the Carton ID field on the SODA Order Carton Inquiry screen which you can access from several of the order inquiry screens. View Tracking Numbers Associated with an Order.