Use this procedure to apply a generic adjustment to decrease the account balance.
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Click Correct Summary Adjustment.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer. Tell me how...
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
- Type the Transaction Number
Click Trans Lookup select the transaction and click Add.
Transaction information is displayed. View field definitions.
|Customer Name||Customer name.|
|Major Account Number||Account number on the major account.|
|Major Account Name||Name on the major account.|
|Adjustment Amount||Amount to correct or remove of the service charge posted to the account.|
|Notes||Comments added to the account.|
|Original Customer Balance||Customer account balance before the adjustment.|
|Total Adjustment||Total amount adjusted on the account in this transaction.|
|Customer Balance After Adjustment||Balance of the customer account now.|
- In the Adjustment Amount field, type the amount you want to decrease the account. Do not type a negative number.
- Click Browse to attach supporting documentation.
- To add a comment, click Add New. Tell me how...
- Verify the total adjustment and the customer balance after adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.