Domain Rejoin for CORE POS
It is important that all CORE POS registers and workstations are connected to the network to receive critical updates. This is especially vital when preparing for rush, especially if registers or workstations are only used during rush. Failure to complete the following actions could result in your CORE POS registers and workstations not functioning properly.
- Connect all registers and workstations to the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Log into each PC with an Active Directory ID.
- Leave the PCs connected to the network for at least six hours to receive the latest updates.
Note: PCs may restart several times during the update.
- Complete the following steps for registers only. Once all updates have completed:
- Connect all peripherals (scanner, keyboard, printer, cash drawer, PIN Pad)
- Run the Peripheral Utility Setup.
- Launch the CORE POS application.
Note: If the PIN Pad does not have the latest update, the update will be completed during the POS application launch. There will be a progress bar on the PIN Pad and register application.
- Once the PIN Pad update is complete, the Follett POS application will launch.
- Leave PCs connected to the network for the duration of rush. Machines may be temporarily disconnected for relocation.
Important: If you observe one of the following messages at the Windows login, log an incident at the Follett Support Center.
Log an incident with Follett Support Center if there are any issues during the updates.
Note: The updates are not considered operational emergencies.
Reminder: Return any extra registers or workstations that are not used for rush, buyback, or rental check-in to the FHE Depot.