Adding AppleCare Warranty to an Item
When you sell a serialized Apple item in a transaction, this procedure displays automatically to let you offer the warranty to the customer.
- If the serial number is mandatory, you must enter a valid serial number to proceed.
Note: The quantity cannot be modified for a serialized item. The Quantity button is disabled.
- If the serial number is not mandatory, you can press Next to skip the serial number and no warranty is offered. If you do enter a serial number, the item becomes serialized and the quantity cannot be increased. If a related item is included in the transaction, the warranty screens display.
Note: If a customer chooses a warranty for a Mac, Apple provides coverage for a monitor at no additional charge. The customer can opt to select the same warranty for the display, or decline and choose a different warranty.
- At the Enter a number prompt, scan or enter the item.
If the item is a serialized Apple product, the Enter serial # prompt displays.
If the item is not a serialized Apple product, press Next to skip the serial number. No warranty screens are displayed; proceed with the transaction normally.
- Scan the serial number listed on the product.
The serial number must be valid. If not, an error message displays; press Enter to re-enter the valid serial number.
- Select Next.
The Apple Care Notification screen displays.
- Ask the customer if they want to purchase the AppleCare warranty.
- Select Yes or No.
If Yes, the Warranty Detail screen displays.
- Complete the Warranty Detail screen. All fields are required.
When ready for the E-Mail field, select the PINPAD Email Entry button.
The customer enters the email address at the PIN Pad.
Once the email is entered at the PIN Pad and the customer selects Enter, POS control returns to the Customer Warranty screen with the email populated. Continue with the next step.
- Select Next.
If the customer purchased the AppleCare Warranty, the Notification screen displays.
- Select Enter.
- Complete the transaction and tender.
The agreement number and serial number display on the receipt.
Note: The agreement number also prints on a receipt reprint.
Adding a Serial Number to an Item
Some items have serial numbers for warranty or other tracking reasons; therefore, the serial numbers must be recorded by item.
- Select Serial Number on the Item Options screen.
The Serialized Item screen displays.
- Complete the Serialized Item screen.
Follow the standard procedure to Perform a Return with a Receipt.
- The warranty cannot be returned if ePay is down during the transaction. If so, CORE POS displays an error message.
- The warranty cannot be returned through Follett after 30 days. CORE POS displays an error message.