For more detailed item information than provided in CORE POS, use the Price and Inventory Lookup functionality in MMS (Merchandise Management System).
- Select Item Lookup on the Sell Item screen.
The Advanced Inquiry screen displays.
- In the Item Search Criteria field, enter the information you want to search for in the item information, e.g. Department, Description, Item Type, or Style). An asterisk can also be entered as a wildcard.
Note: If the * is used as a suffix, POS searches for item information that starts with the characters listed before the *. If the * is used as a prefix, POS searches for item information that ends with the characters listed after the *.
- Select Next/Enter.
The Item Display screen displays.
Note: If you scan a barcode, you do not have to select Next/Enter. However, unlike the Sell Item screen, you must manually enter the leading zeroes, if applicable.
- To get information on another item, enter a new item number and select Search. The Item Display screen displays with information for the item.
- To add the item to the transaction, select Add. The Sell Item screen displays with the item added to the transaction.
- To check inventory on an item, select Inventory Inquiry.
- When done displaying the item information, press Next/Enter. You are returned to the Sell Item screen.