Closing a Till
All tills have to be closed before closing the register. Tills are closed at the register in Oracle Retail Point-of-Service.
An assigned team member closes the till at the register. See the Till Sharing Procedures.
- At the register, select Daily OperationsuTill OptionsuClose.
The Enter Till ID screen displays.
- Enter the Till ID and select Next/Enter.
- At the Remove Till Confirmation screen, select Yes.
The Till Reconcile Location screen displays.
- Remove the till and take it to the Back Office to reconcile.
- In Back Office, select ReportsuSalesuCashout Worksheet.
- Select Adhoc; enter the register and till number.
- Select View and print the worksheet.
- Complete the cashout worksheet with actual totals for reconciliation.
Close Old Tills
An old till occurs when a till was not closed on the original date it was opened or a register/till were not reconnected to the network and reconciled on the original business date. This feature is available only if the register is online and the store is open.
Select Daily Operationsu Close Old Tills at the register to display a list of tills in Open status with a business date earlier than the current business date.
Select the Close Old Tills button to display a list of open tills with previous business dates.
Note: If there are no open tills for a previous business date, a No Open Tills Error displays to inform you.
Highlight the till, then select Close to close the till; select Done to exit the screen.
If there are no transactions in the transaction queue, the till is closed and the updated till status displays on the screen.
If transactions are in the queue:
If there are any transactions in the queue, the till cannot be closed until the queue is cleared. In this case, a Transaction Sync in progress message displays.
Select Enter to exit the screen. Wait for a short period of time to allow the transaction sync to complete and then re-attempt to close old tills. The message displays again if the transaction sync is still in progress.
See the Reconcile Old Tills section in the End of Day at Back Office topic.