Tax Exempt Customer
A tax exempt customer must be set up in CORE POS Back Office in order to process the transaction as tax exempt. After the tax exempt customer is added in Back Office, it is immediately available at the POS.
To set up a customer as tax exempt:
- In Back Office, select the Store Ops u Store tab.
- Select the Tax Certificate link.
The Store Tax Certificate screen displays. You can edit an existing tax exempt certificate number or add a new one.
- Enter the Tax Exempt Certificate Number, Company/Organization, and Expiration Date.
- Select Save.
To edit an existing customer:
- Select the Tax Certificate link in the Store Ops u Store tab.
The Store Tax Certificate screen displays.
- Select the checkbox next to the Tax Exempt Certificate Number that you want to edit.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Select Update.