Create a Transfer when you need to transfer general merchandise (not textbooks) to another store.
- From the main menu, select Store Transfers.
- Select Store Transfer Out.
- Select New Transfer.
- Complete the fields on the Transfer Out Information screen. View field definitions.
|Destination||Required: type in store number or select Look Up to select from a list. Type 1 to select the destination.|
|Ship Date||Date you are shipping items. This defaults to today's date.|
|Cartons||Number of cartons in shipment.|
|Carrier||Name of carrier company.|
|Tracking Number||Shipment tracking information provided by carrier.|
|Instructions||Any instructions for the store receiving the shipment.|
- Press Enter.
- Select Item Detail.
- Type the SKU number, and press Enter
- Or -
Select the empty SKU/ISBN/UPC field and select Look Up.
- Enter any additional information in the ISBN/Serial#/Vendor Part # field to further describe the SKU, e.g., serial # of a serialized product or details for a category SKU.
- Select the item you wish to transfer and select Accept.
- Type the quantity, and press Update.
Note: Enter the actual quantity on hand that is being transferred.
A warning message displays if the quantity entered is greater than the quantity on-hand. You must click Yes to confirm or No to change the quantity before proceeding.
If the quantity is different than MMS reports as on-hand, complete an inventory adjustment to correct.
System maximum limits are: Quantity - 9999, Cost - $150,000, and Retail - $250,000.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for each SKU.
- Select Release.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Print two copies, and use a copy of the transfer as the packing slip.
You must allow popups on your computer for the reports to display for printing. Click here for directions on allowing popups.
Important: Canadian Stores - Values display in USD based on the conversion rate. Ignore the USD and proceed with the creation of the transfer. The transaction is processed correctly on the back end in CAD. After releasing the transfer out, reports print the correct price.