Print for the First Time in SODA
When you print for the first time in SODA, the AS400 sends a message to the queue that needs to be answered. Use the procedure in this document to answer the message.
Also use this procedure to print the first time to a newly created printer queue or when printing for the first time after a server outage.
- From the SODA main menu, select Menu: Soda Reporting ► Work with Spool Files.
The Work with All Spooled Files page displays.
- Select the print job with the status MSGW.
The Additional Message Information page displays.
- In the Reply field, type G.
- Select OKThe print job is sent to the default printer.
This message appears at the bottom of the page: Reply sent to message.
- Select OK to return to the Work with All Spooled Files page.
- Select Go Back to return to the SODA main menu.
You will not have to perform this procedure again unless there is a server outage or you print to a newly created printer queue.