Receive ASN Shipment
When the ASN vendor shipment arrives, in MMS Inventory Management:
- Scan or type each SSCCThe Serial Shipping Container (SSCC) is an 18-digit code that ties details of the shipment to the carton. The SSCC is embedded in a bar code included on each carton to facilitate the receiving and invoice payment process. By scanning the SSCC bar code label and finalizing the receiving session, details of the merchandise in each carton are uploaded into MMS, updating your inventory. An invoice is electronically transmitted by the vendor. Once the ASN receiving is finalized, the invoice is ready for payment. bar code label.
- Click Accept Carton.
- Repeat scanning and Accept Carton process until all boxes in the ASN shipment are processed.
- Finalize the session.
Once the session is finalized, all merchandise in the cartons is added to your inventory on-hand. Then complete all receiving steps outside of MMS and move the merchandise onto the sales floor.
There is no need to divide the cartons by vendor and PO for ASN shipments. The system keeps track. The screen tells you which carton has been accepted and the associated PO number. After you scan the carton, a message displays instructing you on the next steps to take.
From the main menu, select PO Receiving.
- Scan the Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) bar code, or type the SSCC numbers, and select Accept Carton.
Accepted displays on the screen for correct ASN carton IDs.
Not Accepted displays on the screen if there is an issue. See below for common error messages.
Select Finalize Session.
Print the Accept Delivery Report when the receipt displays.
Mark the carton(s) with a red O, and draw a red X inside of the O to indicate the merchandise has been received.
Receiving is complete.
ASN Research & Reconciliation Alert
There may be situations when the shipped contents from an ASN vendor do not exactly match the purchase order. For example, the shipment may include a substituted SKU that was not listed on the original PO or a greater quantity may have shipped than on the original PO.
When this occurs, a notification displays alerting you that there is a difference.
Click OK to acknowledge the message. No other action is required in the receiving process. The message simply notifies you that different SKUs or quantities than were ordered have been received. The notification displays when receiving from the ASN Research and Reconciliation screen or the main ASN Carton Receiving screen.
Note: You still may need to address the discrepancy in 3 Way Match or work with your GM planner to resolve any issues.
Printing in MMS
You must allow popups on your computer for the reports to display for printing. Click here for directions on allowing popups.
If Not Accepted displays after scanning the carton ID barcode:
- Read the message for additional details.
- Follow the Next Step
- Confirm the shipment is from an ASN Vendor. If so, follow the directions on the Reconcile ASN Shipments topic to complete receiving.
Additional Trouble-shooting Tips
- Confirm you are scanning the SSIC label. A carton can often contain several different labels with barcodes.
See the Shipping and Receiving Guide for more information.