Rental Title Request
If a title is not on the national rental list, the title cannot be rented through Follett ACCESS unless you have a price quote from the account manager that states differently. Documentation on the type of Follett ACCESS rental program agreed upon is required to request special local rental material for Follett ACCESS. This should be noted on the signed Follett ACCESS proposal. Reference and follow the Local Follett ACCESS Rental Tier 12 Request Process when requesting local rental titles.
If a title is currently on the national rental list, and you have a price quote from the account manager that states it should be rentable for Follett ACCESS at your store, but the title is listed as Rental Used Only, follow the Local Follett ACCESS Rental Tier 12 Request Process. After a title is added to the local rental list, the title is rental eligible in all sections in which it is adopted, whether or not it is part of the Follett ACCESS program. It is also rental eligible in all sections in which it is adopted in other stores in a store group.
Local Follett ACCESS Rental Tier 12 Request Process
If you need to request a local rental title for Follett ACCESS because it is required by the Follett ACCESS contract or if you have a book listed as Rental Used Only that should be rental for Follett ACCESS, use the following process in CourseTracks. You should not fulfill a SODA order for a SKU that is listed as Rental Used Only or change from new to used in title availability during order processing as it causes issues on the SODA return side.
- Fill out all appropriate title, vendor, and pricing information on the Add a Title screen.
- Click the Add button to send to the CourseTracks Research team for approval once the title information has been populated.
- Click the Rental tab on the Updated Title screen after the initial title creation has been approved.
- Populate the highlighted fields with the information exactly as below:
- Expiration Date = 11/2/2099 (Tip: Type the date, instead of scrolling through the calendar.)
- Rental Pricing Factor = FMS12
- Reason Note = Follett ACCESS Local Rental
- Click Update at the bottom of the screen to submit to the CourseTracks Research and Pricing team for approval.