Use this procedure to correct or decrease a service charge on a customer account. Note: Also referred to handling fee..
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Click Correct Service Charge - Customer Account.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer. Tell me how...
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
The customer number and name and the major account number and name are filled in.
- Type the Transaction Number
Click Trans Lookup, select the transaction and click Add.
Transaction information is displayed. View field definitions.
|Customer Name||Customer name.|
|Major Account Number||Account number on the major account.|
|Major Account Name||Name on the major account.|
|Original Transaction Amount||Original dollar amount of the transaction.|
|Adjustment Amount||Amount to correct or remove of the handling fee posted to the account.|
|Attachment||File name of any attached document.|
|Notes||Comments added to the account.|
|Original Customer Balance||Customer account balance before the adjustment.|
|Total Adjustment||Total amount adjusted on the account in this transaction.|
|Customer Balance After Adjustment||Balance of the customer account now.|
- In the Adjustment Amount field, type the amount to decrease the account balance. Do not type a negative number.
- Click Browse to attach supporting documentation.
- To add a required comment, click Add New. Tell me how...
- Verify that the total adjustment and the customer balance after the adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.