Shipments to International Addresses
All international orders shipped outside the originating country (United States or Canada) can only be initiated by a customer on the store website. Team members must not manually process international orders through the point of sale (POS) or SODA.
Important: Failure to follow this process may result in severe government fines and adverse actions by our creditors.
A customer comes into the store (or calls the store) and wants to ship merchandise outside the country.
- Request that the customer place their order online from your store website (eFollett.com).
- Since it's an international online order, it will be reviewed for fraud activity and released once risk analysis is complete.
- If the order is being shipped to a country that is identified by the government as a sanctioned country, it is flagged for additional analysis.
If these criteria are met, the order drops to the store for regular fulfillment. If not, the order is canceled and an email is sent to the customer.
Following this process ensures that 100% of international orders are handled according to the government sanctions.
See the Asset Protection and Order Fulfillment topic for additional information.
Communicate potential fraudulent orders via email to email@example.com.
Refer to the International Shipping Web Order Exceptions topic to help you resolve errors.
Follow the International Shipment section in the ProShip Process Guide to ship packages to all international shipping addresses.
- Follow the Shipping Costs for International Orders steps, if you need to provide shipping costs.
- Contact the customer and verify their approval of shipping fees before processing the order.
- After getting their approval, adjust shipping fees and then process the order.
Note:When you apply a shipping override, and need to change the carrier/method and freight charges, change the carrier/method FIRST.
Then validate and accept the change.
Recalculate the freight, and THEN add freight charges or override the charges.
Important! If you complete this all in one step on an International shipment, there is a chance that the customer will not be charged the new freight charge - your store will absorb the loss.
See: Ecommerce uOrder Fulfillment uSODA u Process OrdersuConfirm Picks for an orderuApply Shipping Overrides
Once the customer approves the shipping fees
Follow the instructions to add the International Commodity Details.
Common Product Codes are set up in ProShip.
Visit https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/schedules/b/2018/index.html for further information about Commodity Classification.
|Unit of Value||Total |
Sweatshirt, T-shirt, socks, etc.
|Where the product was made.||Total items with the same country of manufacture.||NO-Number||Leave this cell blank. it will auto-fill after you enter the total customs value.||Total retail of all clothing with the same country of manufacture.||Enter total weight of all pieces of clothing from teh same country of manufacturer (to the nearest tenth (.1), do not round up)||6200.00.0000|
|Textbooks||Where the texbook was published.||Total textbooks published in the same country.||NO-Number||Leave this cell blank. it will auto-fill after you enter the total customs value.||Total retail of all textbooks published in the same country.||Enter total weight of all textbook published in the same country (to the nearest tenth (.1), do not round up.)||4901.99.0010|
NOTE: The commercial invoice is electronically transmitted. It is not necessary to print unless electronic processing fails.
- Use ProShip to calculate shipping fees prior to processing the order.
- Charge customer additional shipping fees after getting their approval.
- Use sturdy box to ship order.
- Give shipment to carrier driver.
DO NOT Do not use USPS or UPS SurePost to ship International shipments. Do not use bubble mailers, stay flat mailers, or poly (GM) mailers.