Applying an Item Discount
Transaction discounts can be applied as a percentage or an amount.
1. On the Sell Item screen, select an item within the transaction.
2. Select Pricing. The navigation buttons for the pricing options display.
3. Select Discount. The navigation buttons for the discount options display.
4. Select an option.
- To perform a percentage discount on the item, select % Item. The Item Disc. screen displays. Enter the discount percent, select a reason code, and select Next/Enter.
- To perform an amount discount on the transaction, select AMT Item. The Item Amt. Disc screen displays. Enter the discount amount, select a reason code, and select Next/Enter.
The discount is prorated across all items in the transaction. The discount amount displays in the Discount column and is reflected in the Extended (Ext) Price column.
You are returned to the Sell Item screen.