Use this procedure when a transaction is not collectible for one customer, rather than an entire major account.
You discover on your aging that Jennifer has an outstanding charge for $300 from major account Women's Basketball 18. You have recently rebilled the customer several times, but the customer has not responded, nor has payment been received. Review the steps below to determine how to proceed.
- Determine if the transaction/balance is or isn't collectible by reviewing the year of the major account and contacting the customer.
- If not collectible, the result is a write off. Proceed with the steps outlined below.
- Open the Summary Aging by Major report.
- Select Current in the Report Parameters to view aging balances as of today OR select Historical, then choose which Period (month) you are looking for the balance.
- Locate the balance that needs to be adjusted.
- Select the Major ID to display the customer transaction details for the major account.
Once you determine the write off amount:
- From the CARRR main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Select Write Off to Bad Debt.
The Adjustment screen displays.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer your are writing off. View steps.
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
The customer's name displays.
- Type the Transaction Number.
Click Trans Lookup, select the transaction and click Add.
Transaction information is displayed. View field definitions.
|Adjustment Reason||Write off to bad debt.|
|Customer Number||Number of the customer account that you are writing off the account balance.|
|Customer Name||Name on the customer account.|
|Transaction||Transaction number you are writing off.|
|Attachment||Attachment, if needed, to support the write off.|
|Trans Date||Transaction date.|
|WinDSS (POS) Trans#||Transaction number assigned in POS.|
|Trans Type||Transaction type.|
|Orig Amount||Original dollar amount of the transaction.|
|Pay Amount||Amount paid on the transaction.|
|Remaining||Balance of the transaction.|
|Write Off Amount||Amount to write off on the transaction.|
|Notes||Comments added to the account.|
- Select Browse to attach a file as proof/backup if supporting documentation is available.
- Select Add New to add a comment explaining the reason for the adjustment. View steps.
- Select Save.
- Select OK.
- Wait for proper approval from the home office.
Once the amount is approved by the home office, it will be removed from the aging report.