This topic details the procedures to initiate and approve an A/R refund in CARRR. Use this procedure to refund an amount from an account.
Initiate a Refund
- You can initiate a refund from one of two menus in CARRR.
- AdjustmentuInitiate New AdjustmentuA/R Refund
- Payment ProcessinguApply Account PaymentsuAdjustmentuA/R Refunds - Overpayment/Student Draw
- On the A/R Refunds - Customer Refunds screen, enter the Customer Number and Adjustment Amount.
- Select the Add New link to enter a comment describing the reason for the refund, then select Submit.
- On the A/R Refunds - Customer Refunds payee form:
- Fill out all necessary payee information (e.g., payee name, address).
- Fill in the Check Comments field with specific details related to the refund (e.g., customer, term, major account).
Also, include: Send an email to XXXXmgr@follett.com for more information.
Note: This is important to help the payee identify the reason for the refund.
- Select Save, then Approve.
Approve a Refund
- Select A/R Refund and Approve Refunds to display the list of A/R adjustments pending approval.
Note: Select the Detail link to review the refund details.
- Review the refund for comments and other information to assess if it should be approved.
- Select Approve. Selecting Approve opens the refund for the next reviewer to approve.
- Select Reject if the refund should not be paid.
Note: Enter comments under Reviewer Comment explaining why the refund is being rejected. (One main reason to reject the refund is if it is missing payee details or it is not appropriate.)