End of Day at the Register
At End of Day, complete the following procedures in this order:
- Close the till at the register
- Print register reports
- Close the CORE POS application at the register
- Reconcile the till in Back Office
Close the Till
- Press Undo/Esc to display the Store Dashboard.
- On the Store Dashboard, press Daily Ops.
- Press Till Options.
- On the Till Options screen, press Close.
The Enter Till ID screen appears.
- Type the Till ID and press Next/Enter.
The Remove Till Confirmation screen appears.
- To remove the till, press Yes.
The Till Reconcile Location screen appears, if you have not yet reconciled the till.
- To close the till without reconciling, press No.
The till is closed and the Till Options screen appears.
- Take the till and go to CORE Back Office to reconcile the till.
When closing the store, you can also run Till Summary, Register Summary, and Store Summary reports to assist in the reconciliation process. These reports are run from the CORE POS register only, not CORE Back Office.
The reports are available in the Admin u Manager uReports u Summary menu.
- Type the Business Day and select the Type (Store, Register, or Till) from the drop-down menu, then select Print button.
Important: These reports are only available as part of the end of day process; you cannot go back and reprint these reports.
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key + d.
Neither CORE POS nor the Desktop should be visible now.
- Maximize/select the CORE POS command prompt window (the C:\prompt window).
- Press Ctrl+c on the keyboard.
- Press Y.
The CORE POS application closes.
Important: Do not power down the register. The register workstation must remain on to accept systems updates.