Complete a Change Order
The goal of managing store fund requests is to account for the funds in the store when you receive the checks. At any time the safe fund balance should represent the funds that are actually in the store. You record the presence and movement of the funds in CORE Back Office.
It is highly recommended to reach out to your bank before you need your store/buyback funds, many banks do not carry large volumes of cash and will need to place an order.
When you need the funds, take the checks to the bank to cash.
When you take the checks to the bank, you MUST record a negative change order in the safe to account for the check(s) leaving the store.
Have a valid I.D. when you present the checks to the bank. The bank will not cash a check if they are made out to someone other than the person trying to cash the check.
Endorse each check when you arrive at the bank.
See the Cash Handling Policy.
Do not deposit check into the bookstore's account, because you cannot withdraw the funds, as you are not an authorized signer.
A negative change order, which decreases the safe fund amount, is used to remove funds from the safe fund to obtain change from the bank or to take a check to the bank to get cash.
A positive change order, which increases the safe fund amount, is used for:
- Check Receipt - records the receipt of any checks from the home office that will be kept in the safe, including buyback checks.
- Change Replenishment - records the return of funds originally removed in a negative change order.
- Access Store OpsuStoreuChange Order from CORE Back Office.
The Change Order screen displays.
- Add the fund amount in the Extend Total column based on Tender Type.
Note: Add buyback checks to the Check field.
- Select Save.
The Confirm Notice screen displays.
- Select Yes to accept the change order.
A confirmation message displays: Change Order completed successfully.
The change order amount is viewable in the Store Safe Report.