Use this procedure to apply a generic adjustment to increase the account receivable balance.
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Click Record Summary Adjustment.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer. Tell me how...
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
The customer name and account information is displayed. View field definitions.
|Customer Name||Customer name.|
|Major Account Number||Account number on the major account.|
|Major Account Name||Name on the major account.|
|Original Transaction Amount||Original dollar amount of the transaction.|
|Adjustment Amount||Amount to correct or remove of the service charge posted to the account.|
|Attachment||File name of any attached document.|
|Notes||Comments added to the account.|
|Original Customer Balance||Customer account balance before the adjustment.|
|Total Adjustment||Total amount adjusted on the account in this transaction.|
|Customer Balance After Adjustment||Balance of the customer account after the adjustment.|
- In the Adjustment Amount field, type the amount of the adjustment you want to add to the account.
- Click Browse to attach supporting documentation.
- To add a comment, click Add New. Tell me how...
- Verify that the total adjustment and the customer balance after the adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.