Use this procedure to add sales tax that was not taken at the register.
- From the main menu, select Adjustment Initiate New Adjustment.
- Click Add Sales Tax.
- Click Select Customer to select the customer. Tell me how...
Type the Customer Number and press Tab.
The customer name and account information appear. View field definitions.
|Customer Number||Number on the customer account.|
|Customer Name||Customer name.|
|Major Account Number||Account number on the major account.|
|Major Account Name||Name on the major account.|
|Original Transaction Amount||Original dollar amount of the transaction.|
|Adjustment Amount||Amount of sales tax to add to the account.|
|Attachment||File name of any attached document.|
|Notes||Comments added to the account.|
|Original Customer Balance||Customer account balance before the adjustment.|
|Total Adjustment||Total amount adjusted on the account in this transaction.|
|Customer Balance After Adjustment||Balance of the customer account now.|
- Type the Transaction Number
Click Trans Lookup and select the transaction by placing a checkmark in the box to the right of the transaction.
- In the Adjustment Amount field, type the sales tax to apply, in dollars.
- Click Browse to attach supporting documentation.
- To add a comment, click Add New. Tell me how...
- Verify that the total adjustment and the customer balance after the adjustment are correct.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.