The Soda Back Order (Inquiry) Report shows a running total of the items on backorder by Department and SKU number. The report also shows quantities of
the item on open purchase orders and the shortfall, if any. A
shortfall is the difference between the quantity on order
and the quantity back ordered.
For textbooks, the shortfall calculation takes into account whether or not a customer permits substitution.
- If you need customer information associated with backorders, see: Run a Backorder Report by Customer.
- From the SODA main menu, select Backorder Inquiry.
- To print all back ordered items, continue to step 4.
To print only back orders with a shortfall, click the checkbox: Exceptions Only. If you do not want to use the filters, continue to step 4.
- If you want to use one of the Optional Filters, refer to this table.
|To include only one...||Do this...|
SKU or access a menu for other types of searches
Tip: You may find it easier to search for a specific SKU using MMS.
Place the cursor in the SKU field and click Cursor Search.
The SKU Search screen appears. The default is set to search on Vendor/Style/Color/Size/Dim.
The SKU for the item appears in the SKU field.
Product category, for example text, trade, supplies, etc.
The category code appears in the Product Category field.
- Click Accept.
- Click Clear
Screen to return to the SODA main menu.
Sample Backorder Inquiry Report
Red Box - Text condition ordered and if it's okay to substitute
- Condition of the item ordered (New/Used)
- If a substitution is permitted
- Number of units ordered
- Totals of each
Blue Box – Available from open PO
- The number of new ordered on an open PO
- The number of used ordered on an open PO
Green Box – The difference between the quantity on order and the quantity backordered
- Where the customer ordered new and did not permit substitution
- Where the customer ordered new and did permit substitution
- Where the customer ordered used and did not permit substitution
- Where the customer ordered used and did permit substitution
- Totals of each