When a customer orders a gift card on efollett.com, you activate the gift card in SODA as part of the pick/confirm process. If a customer has ordered gift cards in multiple denominations, for example, two $25 cards and one $50 card, you use the Capture Gift Card Number screen for each denomination.
The gift card is only activated if the validation process is successful. If there is a problem with validating either the payment or the card number, the gift card will not be activated and the order will appear on the SODA Order Exceptions screen.
Note: SODA cannot activate gift cards purchased with non-ePay tenders (campus cards, financial aid, gift cards). Gift cards purchased with non-ePay tenders must be activated at a register through POS.
- From the SODA main menu, select Store Order Pick/Ship Confirm.
- Follow the normal procedure for confirming the items on the order and click Pick Confirmed.
- In the Enter Gift Card Number / Swipe the Gift Card field, type the 16-digit gift card number.
Important: Gift card numbers must be 16-digits, and each number is unique.
- Repeat step 3 for each gift card of this denomination.
For example, if the customer ordered two $25 gift cards, type the first card number on line 1 and the second card number on line 2. See error messages...
- If there are multiple cards of a denomination and you leave a line blank, this error message appears: Gift Card number cannot be zero.
- If you enter a duplicate card number, this message appears: Duplicate Gift Card number. Used on Order #xxxxx (xxxxx = SODA order number).
- Click Accept. Activation can take up to 30 seconds.
- If there are no gift cards in other denominations, go on to step 7.
If there are multiple denominations, repeat steps 3-5 on the Capture Gift Card Number page for each denomination.
- If the gift card activation was successful, you are finished with the activation procedure.
If the gift card activation was not successful, the SODA Store Packing Exception report prints out. You must go to the SODA Order Exceptions page to correct the error. See the next procedure.
Return to: Confirm the Picks for an Order
If the gift card activation was not successful, the SODA Store Packing Exception report prints out, and you will need to go to the SODA Order Exceptions screen to correct the error. See Correct an Invalid Gift Card Error.