Digital POS Transactions
When processing digital transactions in CORE POS, be aware of the following:
A digital SKU can trigger a COESP error. If a COESP error displays, see Processing COESP Errors at POS to determine next steps.
- A digital book cannot be returned without a receipt.
Note: You can reprint the transaction receipt and process the return against the receipt re-print, if necessary.
- A transaction containing a digital book cannot be suspended.
- The Item Quantity cannot be changed for a digital book. Each digital book must be an individual line item.
- A reprint of a digital transaction does not include the PIN for security reasons.
If the customer needs the PIN, refer them to BryteWave Technical Support:
1-877-612-2233, select option #1
(Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week)
Direct customers to www.BryteWave.com and click Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
- Sale of a digital book is not supported in offline mode.
Refer to Selling Digital Textbooks for additional details on processing digital POS transactions.
Click the following links to review the process steps for:
- Scan the ISBN barcode on the digital pull tag or enter the ISBN for the digital book at the Enter a number prompt.
If multiple SKUs exist for that ISBN, the Select an option and click on Add screen displays. This screen includes the Duration (Days), Download Provider, and Price for each available variation.
Note: If only a single SKU is available for the ISBN, the Enter Student ID/Email ID screen displays to collect the customer Email ID or Learners ID (ID to access school LMS).
If you enter the SKU, instead of the ISBN, the variation specific to that SKU populates the screen. However, you can click the More Options button to view all the available SKUs/variations that match the ISBN of the SKU you entered.
If an ISBN is entered for a digital item that does not have multiple variations, the item is automatically added. Proceed with the Enter Student ID/Email ID screen.
- Confirm with the customer which variation they want to purchase.
- Select the item on the screen and click Add.
The Enter Student ID/Email ID screen displays to collect the customer Email ID or Learners ID (ID to access school LMS).
The item is added to the transaction for each digital-eligible item. The Digital Delivery Fee is automatically added to the transaction as a separate line item, unless your store or the publisher does not charge the fee.
Add additional items or select Tender.
- Select the tender and complete the tendering normally.
Note: If the customer is using A/R as a tender and a restriction exists for the digital delivery fee, CORE POS prompts you to request an alternate tender for payment of the fee.
- Select the appropriate email option: Print, Email, or Print & Email.
The receipt contains the Download URL and the PIN for access, or auto-provisioned titles are emailed to the student and the title is available in the LMS.
Note: If there is an issue during the activation of the digital book, CORE POS displays the corresponding error. Press Enter to proceed.
Example of digital transaction CORE POS receipt
To minimize lost access codes, suggest an email or print/email receipt type to the customer whenever selling digital titles; or suggest that they take a photo of the receipt with their phone. This provides backup to the printed receipt if they lose it.
Note: The digital access information does display on a reprinted receipt, if a reprint is required, e.g., lost or damaged receipt.
If student, or consumer of the product, purchases two auto-provisioned titles in the same transaction, CORE POS prompts for the Email ID/Learners ID once and both titles are auto-provisioned to the same ID information provided.
- If a parent is purchasing auto-provisioned titles for two different students, individual transactions for each student must be rung. There is a one-to-one relationship between the transaction and the ID information where the content is auto-provisioned.
- If the Email or Learners ID is not provided for an auto-provisioned title, the sale completes as a non-provisioned title and is not automatically available in the campus LMS. Details for access are printed on the receipt.
- Scan the transaction receipt containing the barcode.
- Complete the return transaction normally.
See Performing a Return with a Receipt for details.
Access to the digital book is revoked.
Note: In a scenario when the digital access cannot be revoked, a message displays. If necessary, using management discretion, a refund can be processed using the Good Will SKU.
In addition, the digital delivery fee is non-refundable. Contact your manager to address a customer issue regarding a request to refund the digital delivery fee.