The Pricing tab is where you can set up a store-specific discount rules. Click Search to view all store-specific discounts. Any discount starting with a J indicates that it is a store-specific discount rule.
All contractual discount pricing and promotions are setup at the home office. You should only set up a store-specific discount rule in the pricing tab after you have partnered with your GM planner and received approval from your regional manager.
To set up a store-specific discount rule:
- Select the Pricing tab.
The Discount Rule Add screen displays.
- Select the New customer Group radio button and type the name of the customer group; type in a description in the Customer Group Description field.
- or -
Select the Existing Customer Group radio button and select the customer from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Discount Code from the drop-down menu.
The Discount Type and Discount Percent auto-populate based on the Discount Code selected.
- Type the Customer Discount Receipt Description.
This information prints on the receipt when the discount is applied to a POS transaction.
- Select the Dept from the drop-down menu.
Note: You must set up the rule for each department, if applicable.
- Use the Calendar icons to select the Start Date and End Date for the discount.
- Click Save.
To apply the discount at the POS:
- Ring the items in the transaction normally.
- Select Pricing.
- Select Discount Matrix.
- Select the Customer Group from the drop-down.
- Select Next/Enter.
The discount is applied.
- Tender the sale normally.