The order fulfillment process begins with printing the pick list and order details.
The SODA pick list is a printed list of items identified by web order number, while the order detail provides you with individual order information that can be used in the order pick-up area.
When printing, follow these guidelnes to reduce the number of trips walking through the text aisles by 50 percent!
- Print the pick list in Shop by Author (SBA), Division, Department, Course, or Section (DDCS) sequence.
- Select a minimum of two orders when printing a pick list vs. printing individual orders.
Note: The only exception to this process, is when there is only one order to be processed.
- If the DDCS is not displayed on the pick list, review your non-adopted inventory (“dead stock”) as OMS has visibility to this inventory as well.
- General merchandise items display at the bottom of the pick list in department order when orders are printed by DDCS or SBA.
How to print a Pick List and Order Details
- From the SODA main menu, select Print Pick/Order Documents.
- If you work with only one store, go directly to step 3.
If you work with multiple stores, type the store number and click Find.
- To filter the list, type parameters in the fields on the top half of the screen and click Find.
Note: You can use the Product Type field to group orders. For example 2 for Text, 3 for Trade, 4 for Supplies, and so on. To search for the oldest order to fulfill, first enter the oldest date in the Entry Date cell (DDMMYY) and then press enter. For example, if the oldest date is August 17, 2021, enter the date as 081721. DO NOT enter any symbols between the day, month, and year.
- Select all the orders that you want to print and fulfill and then select from the menu bar on the top of the screen.
Select the appropriate option. View options.
- Select for Pick List
- Select for Order Details
- Print Pick List & Order Details (preferred option)
- In the Print Seq field, accept the default, DDCS to print the documents by Division/Department/Class/Section, unless a Shop By Author (SBA) location.
SODA creates batches for the selected number of orders specified in the Orders per Batch field. This field is found on the Pick Order Documents and Reprint Pick/Pack/Order List screens.
For example, if seven orders are selected to print and 3 is typed in the Orders per Batch field, SODA prints three pick lists:
- First pick list contains three orders
- Second pick list contains three orders
- Third pick list contains one order
Click Order to print the pick list by order number.
|To print information for...||Do this...|
Click on the order line to highlight it.
Press the Page Up or Page Down key to view more orders.
All orders listed
Highlight the first order and click Select All.
Important: Before you go to step 7, be sure the code for the option you selected in step 4 displays in the Sel field for each order you want to select.
- Click Accept Selections to print the documents for all the orders you selected.
- Click Go Back to return to the SODA main menu.
- Retrieve the documents from the printer and pick the orders.
This message appears in the Pick List header: "Check order against the store order fulfillment fraud checklist prior to pick confirmation." Follow up with loss prevention procedures before confirming this order.
See: Fraud Detection or go to the Asset Protection page on The Quad for more information.
See the following SODA Show Me video if you need a visual of this particular step-by-step procedure:
|SODA- Print a Pick List|
Next Step:Pull items for an Order.
If you need to reprint order documents, see Reprint Order Documents.