Use this procedure when the Allowed Option on the SODA Order Exceptions screen indicates that you should Edit Tender.
- Contact the customer to determine how to proceed.
- Does the customer want you to:
- try the same tender?
- use a different tender?
- cancel the order?
- From the SODA main menu, select Web Order Exceptions.
- Select the order to re-tender.
Click Edit Tender.
- When the Sales Order Tender Entry window displays, click Select/Add Tender.
- Then,select Validate and Accept.
The system will attempt to charge the same form of payment.
- If the payment is successful, the packing list will print at the fulfillment location.
- If the payment is unsuccessful, the order will remain on the SODA Order Exceptions screen.
- If the payment is unsuccessful and the customer wants to cancel the order, see: Cancel an Order Due to Credit Card Failure
- From the main menu, Select Web Order Exceptions.
- Select the order to re-tender. Click Edit Tender.
- In the Sel field, to the left of the Tender field, type a 4.
Note: This zeros the tender amount for the current tender and creates a shortage.
- Click Select/Add Tender.
- Scroll down if needed, and select the new payment method.
- Type the number for the new payment source, for example, credit card number, in the Document/Card Number field.
- Type the expiration date in the Exp Date field in the form mmyy; for example, September 2024 should be 0924.
Note: Do not enter the / character between the month and year.
- If the amount did not auto populate or is incorrect, type the amount of the sale in the Tender Amount field.
- Click Validate and then Accept.
- If re-tendering is successful, the order is removed from the exceptions list and placed on the list for normal processing.
See:Print Pick List and Order Detail Documents.
What if the re-tendering process is unsuccessful again?
If the re-tendering process is unsuccessful, the order will still be listed as an exception.
After calling the customer, if the customer provides new payment information - repeat steps 1-9.
NOTE: The customer cannot re-tender with Apple Pay or PayPal. They CAN re-tender with a credit card.
But, if they want to re-tender with Apple Pay or PayPal, the order has to be canceled and the customer has to re-order.
- If the payment is unsuccessful and the customer wants to cancel the order, see: Cancel an Order Due to Credit Card Failure.