CORE POS Hardware Setup for Events
This topic provides tips for event CORE POS hardware setup. While following the steps in CORE POS Offsite Process to ensure CORE POS is fully operational from an application perspective, outlined below is additional direction on how to be more effective in setting up the hardware at your offsite event.
Thank you, Arizona State University team members for sharing what works well for you!
- Use a label maker to label the ports and cables for ease in connection when offsite.
- Printer and PIN PAD are plugged into the side ports; scanner is plugged into the port on the back.
- Secure the key rings to the laptop/register and PIN Pad, then connect the cable.
- Place a piece of plywood on top of each cash drawer to provide a work space and hide the cash drawer.
- For ease in traveling to the vent, use a plastic bin with packing foam to secure the equipment.
Note: You can see the scanner ports identified on the back side of the laptops.