Tender with Manual Credit Card (Card Not Present Sales)
This feature allows credit card transactions to be processed in CORE POS when the credit card is not present. This includes both a sale and a refund (return) transaction. Manual credit entry is also available as an option for text rental express registration, text rental collateral update, and A/R account payments. Manual entry of a debit card (PIN based transaction) is not allowed.
Manual credit card entry is processed through the PIN Pad. The Manual Credit_CNP button is selected on the Tender screen. A manager override is required for all non-management roles (Temp, Cashier, Advanced Cashier, and Keyholder). Once the manager completes the override, the manual credit card entry screen displays on the PIN Pad.
This function is not applicable when a customer credit card does not scan. In this case, the customer needs to present an alternative tender. In the case of a refund, do not use to manually enter an alternative credit card. The refund should be processed to the original credit card.
Follow the Payment (Credit or Debit) Acceptance Policy.
- Scan or enter all items in the transaction.
- Select Tender.
The Tender Options screen displays.
- Select the Manual Credit_CNP button.
- Complete the manager override.
The credit card manual entry screen displays on the PIN Pad.
- Enter the credit card information as prompted through the three screens.
- Enter the credit card number.
- Enter the expiration date (MMYY) of the card.
- Enter the CVV (security ID) from the back of the card.
The purchase confirmation displays on the PIN Pad.
- Select Enter.
CORE POS verifies the tender amount.
- Click Done on the PIN Pad.
- Complete the transaction.