Review the appropriate topic for answers to Frequently Asked Questions about eFollett.
Special order, contact store
- Verify that everything is setup correctly in CourseTracks (i.e., adoption status is complete, all textbooks and adopted supplies have SKUs) and that you have inventory in OMS, using the OMS Inventory Lookup Tool.
- If yes, proceed to the OMS Update Tool and re-push the title via SKU.
The ship node is your store number.
If the issue does not resolve itself in a few hours, log a request in the Follett Support Center - CourseTracks, include the term, division, department, course, section, ISBN, and quantity in-store.
Title out-of-stock on eFollett, but on-order
A title does not switch to backordered status until the PO is cut and shipping confirmation is received from the provider.
Without this confirmation, there is no way to know when the book will be in stock; we do not want to take orders for a title that may never arrive in-store.
Adopted materials not showing in section
- Check to see if you have any adopted (non-text) supply items for this section.
- If yes, verify that the supply item has a SKU in CourseTracks; otherwise, the entire section does not show on eFollett.
- Re-adopt the supply item with a SKU.
- Ensure the title has been adopted correctly, especially with bundles.
If the issue persists, log a request in the Follett Support Center - CourseTracks, include the term, division, department, course, section, ISBN, and quantity in-store.
Used not showing as an option
- Verify in CourseTracks that the New Only flag is not set.
- If not, re-push the SKU through the OMS Update Tool. The ship node is your store number.
IIf the issue does not resolve itself in a few hours, log a request in the Follett Support Center - CourseTracks, include the term, division, department, course, section, ISBN, and quantity in-store.
Price on eFollett not matching price in CourseTracks
Log a request in the Follett Support Center - CourseTracks, include the term, division, department, course, section, ISBN, and quantity in-store.
Unable to purchase course materials via Follett Discover Shop/View
- Verify that the term is active in Accelerator and the Term ID matches the Term ID that the school is using in their code.
- Work with your campus IT contact to verify the correct term, if needed.
- Work with your campus IT contact to verify the correct term, if needed.
Unable to find specified term <term> indicates there is a mismatch between the Term ID in Accelerator and the Term ID the school is using.
Unable to find specified course <course> indicates there is a mismatch between the course labels in CourseTracks and the course labels the school is using.
Unable to purchase course materials
Error: We’re sorry: we are having trouble displaying delivery options right now.
Please contact your Campus Store at (XXX) XXX-XXXX and reference this message.
This error message displays on the delivery options page if your term is active in Accelerator, but either In-store Pickup or Ship are set to No or the end dates have passed.
To correct this:
- Set In-store Pickup drop-down to Yes.
- Set Ship drop-down to Yes.
- Do not use term end dates and manually deactivate terms as necessary.
Note: Updates take about an hour to reflect online.
Customers ordering textbooks are not able to checkout using in-store pickup or ship if both these settings are set to No or if a date has passed, even if they have other products in their cart. If the issue persists, in the Follett Support Center - Online Support.
Adding financial aid online:
First, read the following documents:
- CARP Major Account Setup Checklist
- CARP Major Account Merchandise Restrictions & SKU Exception QRG
- Financial Aid on Your Website
Adding campus cards online:
To add a campus card online, the campus must be integrated at the POS and you need to be able to manually enter the campus card at the register. If the campus card meets these criteria, follow the steps below:
- Run a test with a campus card account number to see if can be manually entered at the POS successfully.
- If you need help with testing the manual entry at the POS, contact the ePay team for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your store #, campus card name, and test account number in your email.
- Store managers, work with your RM to confirm if your store is listed on the Need Campus Card Online tab of the Financial Aid Target List & Tracker in Teams.
- If so, fill out the following:
Campus card name that would display to customers online
- Account # Label/Special Instructions that customers need to enter online based on your test in step 1 (Example: Student ID #; Enter the number on your card that is above the magnetic strip)
Date that the campus card is needed online
If not, add your store to the tab and then complete step 2a.
- The eFollett team will add your campus card online, then mark it on the tracker.
- Run a test to confirm that the campus card is working as expected online.
- If the campus needs a way to differentiate online transactions vs. in-store, the ePay team (email@example.com) may need to coordinate with the campus to make changes in their systems.
For more information on CARP, click here.
For further online financial aid help, contact the eFollett Support team.
- Once you have a full understanding of online financial aid and have received approval from your campus to proceed, take the necessary steps in CARP and reach out to the eFollett Support team to get setup online.
- Once you receive confirmation that the account has been setup, test that everything is working properly.
Difference between ePay and non-ePay:
- Follett systems verify that the account number/student ID matches the account setup in CARP.
- Ability to add restrictions.
- Customers can access multiple accounts, including the option to view their balance under their eFollett account information.
- Preferred method for financial aid.
- Orders go through regardless of account number entered or amount.
- Nothing is charged until the store can verify the account number and process the order at the register.
See SODA POS Transactions (Non-ePay) for specific steps.
- Store confirms line items in SODA have been processed/backordered/cancelled/etc.
- Can have multiple non-ePay accounts available online.
- This method is highly manual and is not preferred.
Note: Campus cards can be set up as either ePay or non-ePay.
Adjust start/end dates for financial aid:
Integrated Financial Aid:
Dates are adjusted in CARP on the Major Accounts Details screen.
See: CARP Major Account Setup Checklist
Non-Integrated Financial Aid & both Epay and Non-ePay Campus Cards:
Dates are adjusted in Accelerator on the following screen, then enter the dates.
Store►Change Payment Methods Start and End Dates►OK/Update
See: Change Start/End Dates for Non-integrated Financial Aid/Campus Cards
Your vanity URL is the more customer friendly URL that can be used for marketing purposes.
Your SEO friendly URL helps boost your website’s ranking on search engines, especially when being referred from an educational institution’s website.
- The link can be found by going to your eFollett site and clicking your campus logo. The URL is generally something like www.bkstr.com/YOURCAMPUSstore/home.
Update Contact Info on the website:
You need to reach out to eCommerce Marketing to update the address, phone number, e-mail address, or store manager information on this page.
Add a pick-up location:
- Location name
- Special messaging (i.e., Requires additional 2-days from fulfillment email to be sent to this location, etc.). There is a 200 character limit.
Update packing slip information
This needs to be updated in SODA.
Log a request in the Follett Support Center - SODA, with as much detail as possible.
Update store announcements and calendar events:
You have access to set up calendar events and store announcements. Text up to 200 characters shows on the homepage section of the website. See the Store Announcements topic for complete details.
Update store hours:
- You have access to update your store hours in Accelerator.
Store > Accelerator > Store Hours
Add up to 10 variations to your store hour’s page and sequence them in the order you like by placing a number in the box labeled Sequence, with 1 showing at the top and 10 at the bottom.
- It is important to deactivate your non-standard hours once they are no longer in effect to provide your customers with a clearer view.
- See the Store Hours topic for complete details.
Banner for large-scale campus event:
Reach out to eCommerce Marketingand your marketing analyst with as much detail about the event as possible.
- Give at least two weeks notice. This helps the teams determine if creating a banner would be the best route to take.
- If approved, include any imagery or special content, along with product numbers/ISBNs/SKUs of any products being promoted during this time.
Small event, in-store:
The ideal way to promote a small, in-store event would be to:
- Set up a calendar event to display as a Store Announcement on the homepage.
No inventory but product displays online:
Products display on your website based on OMS inventory and OMS pulls its inventory from MMS. OMS updates inventory regularly on eFollett.
If you see a discrepancy:
Verify that there is no inventory in either of the two systems. If both display 0 inventory, click on the product on eFollett and check the product detail page for a status of Out of Stock. If it says Out of Stock, this means that the discrepancy happened at some point today and will fall off the site following the overnight refresh.
Log a request in the Follett Support Center - Online Support, include your product number (vendor style/graphic) displayed below the description on the product detail page to remove visibility.
In the meantime, resolve the issue. If MMS shows inventory, but you don’t have any in-store, work with your inventory accountant to do an adjustment.
Log a request in the Follett Support Center - Online Support, include:
- The product number/SKU (preferably with links to the product detail page) and thoroughly explain what needs to be fixed.
- If you can provide a picture of the physical product you have in-store corresponding to that SKU, it could also help clarify any misunderstanding.
If our team does not have the correct image, we will work with the GM team to retrieve the image from the vendor. Note: Turnaround time from vendors may vary.
Add products to the carousel section of the homepage:
Products are automatically placed in the carousel using an intelligent cross-sell/up-sell tool that monitors customer browsing/purchasing behavior in the background of your site. This tool gets smarter over time and recommends products based on cumulative customer behavior and content similarity. The content similarity functionality has increased by 3x the number of products displaying for cross-selling. This requires no updates on your end.
Entire product assortment not showing on my website:
This could be due to several reasons, the main one being that we have not yet received an image from the vendor.
A weekly report is pulled of all products that are currently in-store or on order but not yet online.**
The information is compared to the images we’ve received from vendors thus far.
If an image is not yet in the queue, a follow-up request is sent to the vendor asking that a high resolution image (1000x1000) be submitted to the eFollett FTP site.
New images are sent in by vendors, daily.
Our online product team processes anywhere between 500-700 images a day (~1250 during rush), so be patient with this process.
**If this is a high priority item, you may reach out to eCommerceMarketing@follett.comand copy your GM planner with a SKU or product code (vendor style/graphic) so that they can take the appropriate steps in retrieving the image.**
Note: Category SKUs cannot be made available online. Products need dedicated SKUs to identify vendor, style, color, size, etc.
Students unable to access the bookstore site from the institution’s website:
This could be due to various reasons.
Reach out to your campus IT contact requesting that links to the bookstore be added to the campus .edu site.
If links are already in place, verify that they are easily accessible and can be found by searching various terms (bookstore, book store, campus store, textbooks, course materials, books, clothing, apparel, gifts, t-shirts, supplies, shop, and store).
If any links are not working properly, confirm that the correct URL is being used, preferably the SEO friendly URL.
If assistance is still needed, log a request in the Follett Support Center.
A link to an instructional videoand detailed PDF that includes best practices is also listed on the eFollett section of The Quad.
Can't find customer's order in SODA:
If you've tried all search criteria and have followed all store procedures for looking up a customer's order in SODA. Log a request in the Follett Support Center - SODA, include both the order number and the customer's name.
Customers are having trouble checking out:
Ask the customer if they can provide a screenshot of the error they are receiving and if they can list the steps taken before receiving the error.
Include as much detail as possible before logging a request in the Follett Support Center - Online Support, such as:
Course information (term, division, department, course, and section)
In-store pickup or ship
Method of payment
Name and version of web browser being used
Page on which the error occurred
Exact wording of the error message
Need a promotion on my website for my campus: (e.g., 10% off for Alumni)
Promotions can be set up at the store-level.
You need to request approval from your regional manager and GM planner, AND copy eCommerceMarketing@follett.comandConsumerMarketing@follett.com.
Provide the following:
- Promo Code:
- Amount ($ or %)off:
- Note:Verify if this is off 1 item, off total order, off an item from a category, or off total items in a category.
- Start/End Dates:
- Inclusions:(i.e., apparel, accessories, gifts)
- Exclusions:(i.e., textbooks, supplies, technology)
- Additional notes: