Offsite or Offline Buyback
Buyback as a tender and the redemption of a buyback slip can be conducted in offline mode. This functionality validates the buyback slip during offline mode, so that it won't be used more than once. For internal validation purposes, a backend file is created and maintained until the system is offline. This file is used during offline mode to validate the buyback slip and prevent it from being used multiple times.
See Core POS Offsite Process for additional details when offsite.
In offline mode, follow these steps to enter buyback as a tender or redeem a buyback slip. The steps are slightly different than when online mode.
Buyback as a Tender
- Scan/Enter the item.
- Select Tender►More►Buyback.
Enter the buyback number or scan the buyback slip.
If the buyback amount is less than the amount due, CORE POS prompts for an additional tender to pay the remaining amount. If not, complete the transaction normally.
Redeem a Buyback Slip
- Select More►Redeem►Buyback.
- Enter the buyback number or scan the buyback slip.
- Select Next.
- Choose the buyback slip and select Next.
- Select the tender to which the amount is to be redeemed.
- Complete the transaction normally.