Offline Store Operations
If the store server goes down and is unavailable for an extended period of time, you can perform POS functions in offline mode. When the server is offline, Daily Ops features are enabled at the CORE POS register and you can continue business without any interruption. If the store has not yet been opened in BackOffice, you can open the store and the register at the POS through the Daily Ops menu.
If the server is offline, but the network is available, all transactions and tenders are available and can be performed, except a refund with a receipt. When the server is offline, the receipt cannot be scanned, so you must perform a return without a receipt.
When the server is back online, once function keys are selected, CORE POS comes automatically back online. If not, you can relaunch CORE POS and log back in.
Start of Day
Start of Day, Register Open, and Till Options buttons are available through the Daily Ops menu to provide the ability to open the store, open registers, and open tills when the server is offline.
The Start of Day button is only available to those with Manager and Key Holder security. All transactions performed on the offline registers are synced to the store server once connectivity is restored.
While the store is offline, no BackOffice functions are performed. You do not perform any end of day procedures until the server connection is restored, including till reconciliation, register close, safe count, bank deposit, change orders, store close, and till close.
You must still open the store, registers, and tills to perform functions in offline mode, if the operations were not previously performed.
Note: If a cashier attempts to perform these functions, a manager override is required.
- Select the Start of Day button to open the store, if necessary. Follow the screen prompts, as you would in CORE POS BackOffice.
- Select Register Open to open the register. If the store is not opened, you are prompted to open the store first.
- Select Till Options►Open to open the till. If the register is not opened, you are prompted to open the register first. Then, complete the till loan normally.
You are now ready to ring sales normally.
Once the server is back online, the Start of Day and Register Open functions are not available at the POS.
End of Day
Once the server is back online and syncs with registers, the Store Open screen in BackOffice displays a message that the store is already open. BackOffice reflects all open registers and tills, as well as all other functions transacted at the POS while in offline mode. At the end of the day, complete all end of day processes normally at both the POS and BackOffice.
If the server is not online at the end of the day, follow the steps below until server functionality returns.
- Select Till Options►Close to close each till. Registers are not closed.
- Manually count down each till and record the details for the end of day process when back online.
- No other end of day processes are performed until the server is online.
- If the server is not back online the next day, log back onto the registers and continue to function in offline mode.
- Once the server is back online, complete the end of day processes normally through the POS and BackOffice.