CORE POS supports the option for text rental alternate collateral that is not a credit/debit card, e.g., a House Charge (A/R) or a department Pcard. Alternate collateral is used to collect non-return or damaged/lost/stolen rental charges.
See the Text Rental Process Guide► Text Rental Payment Alternatives for complete details.
In CORE POS, alternate collateral is added to the patron account during express registration.
To add alternate collateral to a rental patron:
- Scan items and select Tender.
The Rental Item Found screen displays.
- Select Yes to view the list and select titles.
The Patron Search screen displays.
- Enter the patron information, then select Next/Enter.
If search details are not found, Patron Not Found screen displays.
- Select Yes to complete express registration.
- Enter the patron details and select Next/Enter.
The Card Options screen displays. Options include Credit/Debit, Manual_CNP, and AR.
- Select AR.
The Patron Search Information screen displays.
- Enter the Student ID/Last Name.
- Select Next/Enter.
The A/R Account Details screen displays.
- Select the account, then select Next/Enter.
The Credit Card Details screen displays to confirm the zip code.
- Enter the Zip Code, then select Next/Enter.
The Select Rental Term screen displays.
- Select the rental term, then complete the text rental transaction normally.