Shipping charges are based on the method of shipment the customer selects. Standard, Faster, and Fastest shipping options are available through store websites.
Shipping charges are applied to the first line item(s) shipped regardless of the fulfilling location. Digital and non-merchandise items, like gift cards, are not charged shipping. When shipping customer orders to another FHEG store for in-store customer pickup, the customer is not charged shipping.
|Do not override shipping charges. Exceptions are diploma frames, standard chair products, shipments to an international address, and overrides to resolve customer service issues.|
The charges outlined below are universally applicable (partner affiliate and Follett Virtual Bookstore sites may have alternate requirements.)
To determine the shipping charges applicable to customers ordering through your website:
- Go to your store’s webpage. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Help/FAQ.
- Under Shipping & Delivery, select Learn More about Delivery.
- Scroll down to the Shipping Rates section. Shipment charges are as follows for all orders, regardless of dollar value.*
*Shipping rates vary for Alaska (AK), Hawaii (HI), and international orders.
- Scan the barcode from the packing slip into ProShip. All stores are integrated and must use this process. This brings the customer data from SODA to ProShip automatically.
- Follow the steps in the ProShip Process Guide to complete the shipment.
- Do not override the shipping method. ProShip calculates the best delivery method based on the requested delivery timeframe, weight, and address.
- Ensure the web order number, SODA order number, and name of the customer display through the packing slip envelope window.
- Place the red Deliver to Bookstore sticker on all shipments to another FHEG store. These stickers help campus mailrooms identify where packages should be sent on campus.
Stores are required to use UPS SurePost as the shipping method if shipments are being delivered to a residential address, are 12 lbs. or less, and customer requests ground shipping. ProShip defaults to SurePost based on the criteria.
Note: If entering a Manual Shipment, you must enter the address before SurePost displays as an option.
Related TIP Topics