The Home Office will send you an HO Required RTV through MMS. An item is included on a HO Required RTV if:
- It is at End of Life or End of Edition
- The Home Office purchased the title
- The item was received through MMS
- There have been no sales on:
- Boxed software in 3 months
- Books in 9 months
- Computer products in 6 months
- There have been no additional receipts
- There has not been a net change in on-hand quantity
- The item does not require invoice information to return or the invoice has not expired
Process and release all HO Required RTVs within 30 days of when you receive them. When you release the HO Required RTV, the on-hand quantity and inventory value are updated and the information is sent to A/P at the Home Office where the chargeback is created and sent to the vendor for the appropriate credit.
Perform this procedure after you have picked, cleaned and packed all items from the Pick List. Use this procedure to both complete and/or edit an HO Required RTV.
- From the main menu, select Return to Vendor (RTV).
- Select Filter.
- In the Filter By field, type SR and select Type.
- Select the HO Required RTV you want to complete.
- Select Edit and complete the fields on the screen View field definitions.
|Ship Date||Date you are shipping items. Defaults to today's date.|
|RA #||Return Authorization Number|
|Instructions||Any instructions necessary for the shipment.|
|Tracking #s||The tracking information provided by the carrier.|
- Select Item Details.
- Type the actual quantity of the item you are returning in the Ship Quantity field.
Note: Quantity cannot exceed the quantity listed on the RTV.
- Press Enter.
- Repeat steps 7-8 for each item you want to enter quantities for.
Note: You cannot edit an RTV after it is released.
- When you have finished entering the return quantities for all items, select Release.
- Select Yes at the prompt.
- To print the Return to Vendor Report, select the Printer icon when the report appears.
You must allow popups on your computer for the reports to display for printing. Click here for directions on allowing popups.
In MMS, you are allowed to enter the quantity to return. So, if you have multiple lines per SKU, you will have to split the quantity among the duplicate lines, so the total quantity will not exceed the quantity to return.
See FedEx Ship Manager - RTV and Chargeback Process for additional shipping details.