Your store receives merchandise for which no purchase order was written. For example, the vendor or sales representative visits your store to determine stock levels and replaces stock, e.g., newspapers, beverages, snacks, health and beauty supplies, etc. It is critically important for vendor payment and perpetual inventory that you receive all merchandise within MMS including this category of receipts. You do not have to perform an Accept Delivery for items you will not sell.
Note: If you have an invoice, send the invoice to the Home Office.
Important: Do not follow this procedure if the purchase order was created locally or at the Home Office.
If a vendor does not exist, create a new vendor request in 3 Way Match in eStore Portal.
|710||Health and Beauty|
|780||School Specific Programs|
- From the main menu, select Non Purchase Order Receiving (NPR).
- Type the Vendor Number
Select the Vendor Number field, and select Vendor Search. Select the Vendor from the list and select Accept
- Type PO Notes if necessary.
- Select Accept.
- Type the SKU number and press Enter.
Place the cursor in the SKU field and select SKU Lookup. Select the SKU from the list and select Select.
- Type the description.
- In the Order field, type the quantity you are ordering.
- In the Cost field, type the cost per item.
- In the Retail field, type the retail price per item.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- Review the information at the top of the screen. View field definitions.
Purchase orders can have one of the following statuses:
|Type||NPR = Non Purchase Order|
|PO#||Your store number combined with the transaction number.|
|PO Date||The date the PO is created. This defaults to the system date, which is the current date.|
|Total Qty||The number of SKUs entered on the local PO.|
|Total Cost||The total calculated cost.|
|Total Retail||The total calculated retail.|
|Total Margin %||The total margin calculated for departments 3, 4 and 7.|
- Open Non Purchase Orders can be edited prior to being released.
- Released Non Purchase Orders cannot be edited.
- Select Finalize & Receive.
- Select Finalize & Receive at the prompt.