The number and type of available financial reports depends on your authorization level. There are four levels of authority. The system uses your login ID to determine what report criteria to display on the start page for financial reports. For details about authorization levels, see the section on Rollup Types below.
From the Financial Reports start page there are several options to set in order to display the correct reports.
- Store—Setting this option presents information about a particular store. If you are a store manager this will be the only rollup type available to you. Your store number will be displayed in the Rollup Value field.
- Other—If you are a store director, and you have more than one store under your care, selecting this option will display data for all of your locations. The Store level Rollup Type is also available to you where you can elect to display data from one store only. The names and/or numbers of your stores are displayed in the Rollup Value field.
- Region—Regional managers will login with this level of authority. They will be able to view data from all stores in their region, as well as information about individual stores. The Store and Other rollup types are available to the regional manager. With this rollup selected, the Rollup Value field displays the region number. There is also an additional field called Store Type available. See below for details.
- Group—Group Vice-Presidents will login with this level of authority. They will be able to view data from all stores in their group, as well as information about regions and individual stores. The Store, Other, and Region rollup types are available to the Group VP. With this rollup selected, the Rollup Value field displays the group number. There is also an additional field called Store Type available. See below for details.
This field shows, depending on your authorization, Group Number, Region Number, Store Numbers, or Store Names.
This field only displays when the authorization level is either Region or Group. You can elect to display information for two store types:
- All Stores—For Regional Managers this option tells the system to display data for all stores in their regions. At the Group level, it tells the system to display information for all stores within the group.
- Comp Stores—Within a region or group this option tells the system to display information about stores that have been under the Follett umbrella for at least one year. This much time is needed for a store to build a history of sales complete enough for true comparable analyses.
- MTD Income Statement—Displays detailed sales, gross margin, labor and other expense information for the selected month. Available to all Rollup Types.
- YTD Income Statement—Displays detailed sales, gross margin, labor and other expense information for the selected fiscal year-to-date. The fiscal year-to-date is from the prior April 1st through the end of the month selected. Available to all Rollup Types.
- ROIC Rpt of Invested Capital—Shows data for controllable investment, total invested capital, and economic profit in a summary format for the selected period. This data includes store fund, accounts receivable and inventory values at cost. The selected periods this year and last year, the four preceding periods, and the twelve month averages for the most recent twelve months, as well as the most recently completed fiscal year, are displayed in this report. Available to all Rollup Types.
- PRCH Rpt of Purchases & GM—Provides purchase, purchase returns, inventory, markup, markdown, and gross margin information for the selected period (Month and Year-to-Date). The first page summarizes activity related to the wholesale buyback as well as markups, markdowns, and shrinkage for all merchandise departments combined. Subsequent pages display the reports of Purchases and Gross Margin for merchandise departments 1 through 7: one page for each merchandise department. Only available if Store is selected in the Rollup Type field.
- BDGT 12 Month Budget—Displays summary budget information for sales, gross margin, labor, and other expenses for the fiscal year. Only available if Store is selected in the Rollup Type field.
- WHSL Wholesale Purch & M/Ds—This report summarizes activity related to the wholesale buyback, as well as markups, markdowns, and shrinkage for all merchandise departments combined. Available to Other, Region, and Group Rollup Types.
Click the calendar icon and select the period for which you want to display information. Reports are run through the end of a month: if you select a date other than the last day of the month, the date defaults to the month-end date. Data is not available for the most recent month until 1:00 a.m. on the sixth workday of the following month.
Click this button to display a report based on the selections you made in the previous fields.