WiFi Connection Options
There are several WiFi connection options available. Review the list below to determine the best solution for your campus or typical offsite situations.
Consider the solutions in the order listed.
Use of the campus WiFi often offers the most efficient and readily available solution. Review the details below for consideration in discussing this solution with your campus.
- Avoid a proprietary connection that requires a user ID and password.
- Be aware that some network administrators may require MAC address information to allow Zscaler to connect.
To obtain the MAC address information:
- Select the Windows Start button (bottom left of the screen).
- Type cmd in the Search programs and files box and press Enter on your keyboard. A Microsoft Windows window displays.
- Type ipconfig/all at the prompt.
- Scroll down until you see Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi. The physical address is the MAC address.
Campus IT Talking Points
- Follett (your campus store) would like to use the campus public Wi-Fi to conduct limited sales activity for events out of the store.
- Follett takes full responsibility for data security. We use the ZPA feature of Zscaler to create a private, secure tunnel back to the store server.
- Is it possible for you to create a temporary WiFi connection for our event?
- If prompted: We would like you to allow the following MAC addresses to user your public WiFi network.
- See steps above to obtain the MAC address information.
If you or your campus needs a specific letter of attestation to Follett's PCI compliance, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Public WiFi
Leverage the same process using another public WiFi connection, e.g., WiFi at the event location.
Pay by the Use MiFi
If the campus WiFi or other public WiFi is not available, you can purchase a pay by the use MiFi solution based on your specific needs.
- Request approval from your regional manager prior to purchasing a MiFi solution.
- Use your Pcard to pay for the MiFi expense as long as it falls within your purchase limit. If not, submit a purchase request.
Note: Refer to and follow the PCard Policy.
- Assume 5GB to 7GB for each event (using two to three registers).
- Limit each MiFi to two or three registers.
The table below details a number of available providers.
Note: These plans are estimates and may no longer be current. Contact the provider locally for the most current pricing and plan availability.
|AT&T||Auto Renew Plans:
$30 - 30 days (Unlimited)
$50 - 30 days (7GB)
$50 - 30 days (10GB)
|Franklin T9 Mobile Hotspot|
$90 purchase price for device
1st month (30 days): $50 monthly pre-pay
$40 per month after 1st month
$40 - 5GB (30 days)
$50 - 5GB (30 days)
|Hele by MobiPCS|
$40 - 6GB (30 days)
40 - 5GB (30 days)
$50 - 5GB (60 days)
$90 - 6GB (30 days)
$40 - 6GB (30 days)
$50—5GB (60 days)
Auto Renew Plans: